|Page Last Update: May 17, 2013|
4096 Visitors since November 23, 2011
90 Visitors this Month
183 Visitors last Month
|A Division of Accredited Supports to the Community|
| Helpful Hints|
50 Great Interview Questions|
- What intrigues you about this position?
- Could you share with us what experiences you have that would benefit our company?
- Why would you wish to leave your present/last position?
- Could you tell us what problems you encountered in your last position and how you went about finding solutions?
- What would you consider your greatest accomplishment in the last year?
- Describe a problem you have had with a co-worker? How did you handle it? What was the result?
- What are your short-term goals (within the year)?
- What are your long-term goals (next 5 years)?
- How do you go about developing rapport with customers, co-workers?
- Describe a time you have had a conflict or disagreement with an individual? How did you handle it? What was the result?
- We've all had experiences when we just couldn't get everything done on time. When did this happen to you and what was the result?
- Describe a time when you felt your organizational skills were put to the test?
- Give us some examples of experiences in your jobs that were satisfying?
- Give us some examples of experiences in your jobs that were dissatisfying?
- Give us some examples of when you changed existing processes, methods or procedures to make your job easier or more rewarding?
- In what environment or circumstances have you been able to work most effectively?
- In your last job what kind of things hindered you from attaining your goals?
- Tell us about a time you had to deal with a client who was upset? How did you handle it?
- What sorts of behaviors have you witnessed that you considered less than ethical?
- How do you know you are doing a good job? Give us specific examples?
- What are your standards of success in your job? What have you done to meet these standards?
- Which bosses have you worked most effectively for? What was it that assisted you?
- Which bosses have been the hardest to work for? How did you adapt to them?
- Describe some new ideas and suggestions you have made to your supervisor in the last six months.
- What have you done to make your job more interesting and rewarding?
- How did you prepare for this interview?
- Tell us a project you initiated. How did you recognize the need? How did it turn out?
- What motivates you?
- Tell us about a situation when you and a supervisor did not agree. What was the result?
- Sometimes when we are pressed for time we neglect to check our work to make sure that it is complete as well as correct. Tell me about a time when you were in this situation.
- How important is it to build relationships with co-workers, bosses, etc.? How do you go about doing this?
- How have you handled a work backlog in your job? Give me a recent example.
- Have you ever had to discipline or correct a friend on the job? How did you handle it?
- What are the worst pressures you have found in work situations? Tell me about them.
- Tell me about the most boring jobs or tasks you have had. Why were they boring? What did you do about it? How did you handle boredom?
- What duties will you be glad to leave behind when you move on from your current job?
- What have you done outside your work to further your development?
- Describe a time when someone was less than polite on the phone. How did you deal with it?
- We all have to bend the rules sometimes. When did you last do this to get a job done?
- When have you put in extra effort to get the job done?
- Tell me about a time when you weren't very pleased with your performance. What did you do about it?
- Tell me of an instance when you've gotten around an obstacle that prevented you from completing a project? Describe the obstacle and what you did to get around it.
- If you witnessed a co-worker using your employer's resources inappropriately or for personal use, how would you handle the situation?
- Sometimes it's easy for us to "get in over our heads," describe some situations where you had to request help or assistance on a project, assignment, etc.
- Have you received any work-related letters of achievement, special bonuses, and awards for outstanding performance? Explain.
- What magazines or newsletters have you read recently and gotten useful, job-related information from?
- We are going to send you away to a deserted island. You can take 1 book what would it be and why?
- Hold up your coffee cup and have your candidate say 5 things about it.
- Can pigs communicate?
- Why should we hire you over any of the other applicants?